The mission of the National Kidney Foundation is to prevent kidney and urinary tract diseases, improve the health and well-being of individuals and families affected by these diseases and increase the availability of all organs for transplantation.Volunteering with the National Kidney Foundation gives you a chance to be a part of that effort. Millions of Americans have some form of kidney or urologic disease. Thousands die each year while waiting for kidney transplants. Hundreds of thousands need life-sustaining dialysis treatments to stay alive.
Me Volunteer? What Can I Do?...
Of course you! and thousands of hard working people like you. The National Kidney Foundation needs people like you to assist with local Affiliate programs, write articles, review brochures, assist with legislative efforts and/or participate in national surveys regarding issues affecting individuals with kidney disease.
How much Time you Give is up to You...
Whether you want to volunteer on a regular basis or just occasionally, there are a number of volunteer opportunities available to you. Any time you can give will be greatly appreciated and you'll feel great by helping to improve the lives of all individuals affected by kidney disease.
Volunteers Speak Out...
- "Volunteering is a way of giving back to an organization who has given so much to me"
- "When you focus on the needs of others, your problems become smaller"
- "I'm grateful to society for being alive and its time for payback"
- "As a mother of a child with kidney disease, the situation is out of my hands and I've left things up to God. This is what I can do to help and learn"
- "I get a thrill out of helping others get over their obstacles"
If you are interested in helping, please call 589-5961 or click here for volunteer opportunities.